Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Body Clock likes to Boss me Around

I disembarked flight 163 from London Heathrow to Tel Aviv (where my business class luck unfortunately didn't follow me) to a long line of customs, and then a quick walking cab driver who taught me some key hebrew phrases and told me I looked 25 on our drive into the city.

My room wasn't ready, but a great breakfast was and then the beach. When I finally got into my room, 30 hours after taking off in LA, I slept for 4 hours and woke up looking like this, which should seem familiar to many of you.
Yikes. I think I already have more freckles.

The best thing to happen to me today, you ask? Well, I was strolling around the open market checking out the scene when I was approached by a middle-aged balding Israeli man tugging along a red Radio Flyer wagon filled with dismembered chicken parts he had obviously just finished butchering. He asked me where I was from, how long I was staying and where I wanted to go. Then, he said, "You should give me your phone number. I will call you."

Tonight, I've got plans for a good dinner, and an early bedtime. And then some clubbin. Seriously.

9 comments:

Jocy May said...

have fun (and be safe!!!)

heather b said...

see all you had to do is travel halfway around the world to find your dream-man. radio flyer...classic, chicken...classic, and butchering skills...priceless.

hope you had fun! I want to hear all about your clubbing adventures : )

Jenny said...

amy you already look more jewish...the city is rubbing off on you!

and for the record that face isn't all that familiar..you always look fabulous and refreshed.

Unknown said...

Dear Darling Daughter, this chicken-man is not the kind of thing we were worried about, however, we will worry about you in the clubs until something more important comes along to worry about. BTW phone calls to Israel are only 22 cents a minute on the Vonage plan. loveyourdad

Elliotness said...

Mmm! What grand adventures. I will most certainly be staying tuned!

organizercarol said...

And you didnt give him your number? Have I taught you nothing? Hope you got some sleep!

CristieMaye said...

oh the advertures of OOdilbeck! i am excited for this new one.

sounds like marc wants to partake in the lifestyle of OOdilbeck. can't blame him. :)

love you!
cristie

Julia said...

Is it just me, or have you not posted anything since your clubbin'/chicken incident? Um, I realize you are probably having a great time and your blog is the last thing on your mind...but for the sake of the rest of us just keep posting. Love you! I hope you are still alive! Can't wait to hear more!

amyrenee said...

Thanks for caring, Sweet.

I gots more photos for you on the way!