Wednesday, July 2, 2008

An Explanation

Brother Bear always calls me OODilbeck (Double Oh Dilbeck) when I tell him where I am going and what I am doing. I think it's mostly because he thinks I am ridiculous, and partly because he's going to miss me. But, he says it's because he never knows exactly where to find me.

At any rate, I think the name has stuck since Nance's been calling me it, too. And I kinda like it. It's got mystery and intrigue and martinis. You know, a lot like me. Right? So, this blog is dedicated to keeping Brother informed of my whereabouts.

This adventure really began yesterday at the Third Street Promenade (the situation was desperate, I needed walking shoes before my flight left and we only had three hours or we would have went somewhere, anywhere, else...) Cas and I were asked TWICE if we were TWINS and took this photo shot before our double wheat grass and double matcha shots at Jamba. Gotta boost the immune system before a big flight!
My flight from LAX to London was providential. I was STOKED and got a free upgrade to Business Class on British Airways (what they are calling Club World now) with a fully reclining 6 foot bed and personalized service. I know what you're thinking... But I didn't even say ONE word to anyone about an upgrade. It just happened cause God likes me.

Now, trying to get though a sleepy seven hour layover in Terminal Four, home to many, many things I should not even think about buying. (PS. Cristie and Holly B, the Marc Jacobs purse has followed me here!!!)

Take off for Tel Aviv in a couple of hours... I'll post when I get settled!

8 comments:

Nicole E Wolf said...

I love that you got upgraded, that is classic..but NEVER happens to me! Have a super trip..love and miss you, stay safe my friend and take lots of amazing pics! Sunsets are ok by me! Sorry I did not get to call you back:(

xoxo

heather b said...

score on the upgrade.
is club world really as comfortable as it sounds...i'm thinking yes!
great idea to start this blog. i look forward to reading about your travels doubleohdilbeck.

Cassie said...

Holy cow! Fully reclining bed? All thanks to the makeup, right? ;)
I'm honored to be the first picture on the blog. I rock.

Jocy May said...

bon voyage my dear! i look forward to hearing/reading all about your super adventurous life (I, myself will be rocking the west coast scene here State side- ha!). love you!

Jenny said...

yay! your own blog...my you really are growing up ;)

an upgrade? that's dilbeck luck for you...and I walked passed that amazing set-up on my way to coach, needless to say I'm very jealous but happy for you.

can't wait to keep up with you here!

love you- stay safe!

organizercarol said...

What is it with you? It must be the 00Dilbeck charm. You just walk in a room and people want to do nice things for you and give you stuff. Maybe since we will be related soon, it will rub off and people will do things for me? I know you will have an amazing time there. Just dont decide to stay.I would miss you way too much! Love ya

amyrenee said...

Byrd, Club World is FANTASTIC.

It's worth the hype.

amyrenee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.