Friday, July 18, 2008

Bar Ilan and Boney Rears

I haven't sat in a wooden seat like this since, well, I don't think I have ever sat in a wooden seat quite like this. And, though my back half is well cushioned, it still hasn't saved me from discomfort. Maybe it's the Israeli way of keeping you awake in your seat.


School is held Sunday (the first day of the Israeli work week) through Wednesday at Bar Ilan University, and half day on Thursdays at the hotel conference room. The bus to Bar Ilan can take anywhere from 26 -106 minutes, depending on the navigational astuteness of the bus driver. Since bus rides are my personal Pergatory where I await motion sickness, I try and weasel a seat in the front whenever possible. I am one of the Easily Queasy.

The school days are long and exhausting. Two four-hour classes a day, and then a guest speaker almost every day last week. Good stuff, but it's hard to listen for that much of your day. Thankfully, the sun doesn't set until about 8:30 or 9, so there is still lots of time for beach after class.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

finally some classmates! ;)

CristieMaye said...

well, i hope you are having fun in the middle of all the learning. i think this is such a great experience and i'm sure you are taking advantage as much as possible.

love you!
cristie