Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rembering Warmer Times

It snowed last night. It's not even November. I was asleep when it all happened, and all that was left of it this morning on the walk to school was ice bunched up on the windshield wipers or parked cars, and a chill in the air.

Last night on the way home it was dark and dreary, but not snowy yet. It's that time of year, I guess. I stopped by for the necessities: eggs, yogurt, bread and toilet paper. My bag was full of the days accessories, so the toilet paper had to be carried out in the open. I stuck it under my arm, like a important package -- which, I guess, it was. I don't think I will ever get old enough not to be embarrassed by carrying toilet paper in public. I actually kept cracking a smile in a private joke with myself about it which must have looked even more strange. A bundled up lady, carrying a bag and a bunch of toilet paper, laughing to herself.

The last warm day here looked like this. At least from Primrose Park, overlooking the city.


Ali, Frederik the Swede, and I bought lunches and picniced.

I couldn't get enough of his socks...


In fact, I followed him undercover for a couple minutes trying to get a walking shot with the right amount of peeping sock.



There wasn't much wind, but this little one tried anyway.

I guess I'll have to wait until December in California to get some summertime skin again.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

wait, you didn't know the sock guy? and you were embarrassed about toilet paper? how about stalking? ;)

Jocy May said...

that park reminds me a LITTLE bit of gasworks park in seattle (not that i've been to your park, just basing it on the posted pictures). i know you've been to gasworks but perhaps you need a refresher so i'll send you some pix. even if you don't want them, they are coming your way. so deal with it. haha

amyrenee said...

Jenny: I DID know the guy, it's Frederik the Swede. But, it is still funny to walk around shooting, ostensibly, at someone's back half.

Joce: I actually thought Primrose looked EXACTLY like Gasworks. Meant to post that it reminded me of some of the photos you posted over the summer in Seattle.

Funny how every place with a hill and a skyline has it's park.:) But, there's no Sound in this one.

amandajenn said...

The two times that I've lived in London during the fall did not produce snow. You must be lucky.

Anonymous said...

I need to let you know that I left Ohio a few weeks ago and the weather here was BEAUTIFUL. I went to Cali where of course I enjoyed sunshine, 70 degree weather, and endless beauty. When I come home it's 45 and miserable. The seasons are upon us. Sucks to be spoiled California girls sometimes.

Alane said...

Hi Amy, your mom turned me on to your blog, my daughter, Emma has gone to cassies dance camp forever. I've lived and vacationed in London and I have a place (2 churches) you might want to visit.
1. Gordon's Wine Bar; by far to coolest place to hand with locals.
47 villiers st. london WC2N 6NE on villiers between the charing corss underground and embankment undercross.
2. Holy Trinity Brompton church. On brompton road near harrods. www.htb.org.uk worship leader is Tim Hughes the writer/singer of Here I am to Worship.
3. Soul Survivor church in Watford. A little big outside london, but a very cutting edge church. I know 3 oollege students from Ventura intering for this church for a year. www.soulsurvivorwatford.co.uk Matt Redman's home church.

Enjoy. I love reading your blog.