Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Self-Indulgence

I've started taking photos of things I like, simply because I like them. It's a nice sort of freedom really. Instead of buying something in order to enjoy it, I simply snap a copyright-infringing photo and post it on my blog and I've satiated my need for new. Uh, kind of.

These houses on my street are painted in Easter eggshell colors. In the morning, when it's still clear and cold, they look especially pretty.

Big bowls at a little cafe in Chelsea hold large peeled grapefruits and oranges, celery, carrots and many other juice-able items ready for the juicing.

Alice and Astrid is about 150 yards from my house. Astrud was there last time I was perusing and upsold me on this charming pink number below, and the little lavender filled bird on the hanger. Astrud designs her own fabrics and aspires to three core elements: cosy, glamorous and beach. She was calling my name.


I haven't worn this little silk thing yet cause it's 50 fricken degrees outside, so I've just left it out and hanging in hopes of a warming future, or at least one where I don't have to wear wool or feathers to keep warm.

And finally, this chair made of a tree truck. It looks cosy, like a bean bag. In my mind I see myself curled up in it, looking fabulous and drinking tea. Then, I remember it's wood, and is closer kin to an aggressive church pew than a bean bag. Whatever. A girl's gotta have a dream.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

i think the chair looks cool..did you actually get to sit in it?

Cassie said...

I was just about to send an inquiring email about why Amy has been incommunicado, but now I see... you've been busy "photo shopping!" I was wondering if you were in love... ;) SO glad to have another update, albeit small.

Joanna Roddy said...

It's your doppleganger, eavesdropping on your life.

So do you live in Chelsea? I used to live in Knightsbridge/ Chelsea. Just off Brompton Road in Egerton Gardens. I used to walk down Sydney street to King's Road almost everyday. Where are you??