Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bordeaux Si Beau

You know you are getting older when weekend trips start looking less and less like collegiate Spring Break Celebrations and more and more like fake Honeymoons.

Catie somehow found this amazing little villa online. Beyond the beautifully redone rooms, oozing with character, was a small kitchen stocked to the gills with artisan salts, local peppers, and all kinds of interesting spices. We canvased the local market and made our purposely French-styled dinners of sauted shrimp, cheese, bread, veggies and some of the best wine you can find in the world for ten euro.








We rented a car, and I got to be the driver again. Look friends! You should be proud that I have finally learned to keep my eyes on the road. I have many fond (?) memories of Cristie and Heather in the back of my CRV telling me that I didn't need to make eye contact with them when I was driving.



Apparently, a villa is a house, and a chateau is a house where they have vineyards. We visited this one, got a tour from Maryse, the owner, and got lots of terra (French speak for mud) on my boots.




The people were so gracious and let us stop at their homes, taste their wine, pet their dogs, and ask silly questions. Pretty perfect.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

ah, the French- aren't they great? Glad to see you're still going on adventures!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Your life is so idyllic, sigh.

Jocy May said...

thanks for the new post (i was getting tired of re-reading your old posts- i kid, i kid). looking fabulous ms amy!

heather b said...

wow, looks like so much fun!!! i want to go on a fake honeymoon, too : )

so happy you're having a great time AND i love that you're focusing on the road ; )

miss you!!

Jerry J. said...

I'll be honest, you're just really cool.