Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mi Casa Bonita in Londontown

I've finally settled in London, after a few days on the couch at Dan and Alisha's and ten thousand frantic phone calls to anyone seemingly normal with a flat for rent in the London area. Finding housing always SEEMS like it's going to be a snap, but turns out to be more of a one-handed clap (read: next to impossible, unless you are double jointed like the guy at the erotic circus I went to this weekend... But, that's another story.)


This is my house, that window in the first floor on the right is my room. From it, I can see a little park and swing set across the road by day, and hear the sloppy voices of British gents returning from the pubs by night. It would be perfect, if only I could get enough water pressure to actually wash the shampoo from my hair.


This is my room. It's big and bright which makes me happy, but it also includes sleeping on a futon which stretches my sleeping character and makes me uncommonly cranky in the mornings. Well, uncommon might not be the exact right term, but cranky all the same.

I'm about two blocks from Portobello Road and a ten minute walk from the Notting Hill Gate tube station so I can be well dressed, and well traveled within walking distance.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Good job on finding a flat...it looks great and well located ;)

I was wondering when you were going to have a London post...looks like I wait no more!

UncleTwoSon said...

Your old uncle is glad to see you are well-situated, as well. Neat!
Uncle J

heather b said...

do you have any roommates? it's nice that you have such a large window in your room!!