Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Home for the Holidays

I made it home safe, sound and in time for some much needed sleep on Sunday. Since then, I've been watching the "Law and Order" Marathon on television which makes so much more sense now that I've taken the Federal Rules of Evidence and understand the Attorney-Client Privilege, the standard for expert testimony, and hearsay.

We've got family stuff going on for the next few days -- and this will be the first year in 18 or so that we celebrate Christmas day at somewhere other than the Ranch. Last year, I used the good will and pity I amassed by breaking my femur in half to coax my sister, second sister, and cousin onto the quad and race them at full break neck speed up and down the quarter mile driveway. If there's one thing that I learned from being sick, it's the best time to get people to do things they don't want to.


That's Cas on the front of the quad, cushioned by an old mattress. That's me, driving and Ash and Jenny are holding on for dear life off the back.

5 comments:

heather b said...

merry christmas! i'm happy you had a great time in europe over the past few months. hope to see you soon!!

hugs 'n stuff : )

hb

Jocy May said...

merry christmas amy- you wild dare devil you! :) hope to see you soon!!!

Steve & Pam Colvard said...

So good to have you home. Love you new "do". Hope to spend some quality time with you again, soon. Love you!

Steve & Pam Colvard said...

Happy New Year!
We are thankful to see a new year begin and glad to have you back in Sunny California. Our prayer is for God's blessings on you as you complete your education and begin your a new chapter in your book as Attorney Dilbeck
OX

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.