Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ketchup

So, I guess nine days before I move out of my place is probably not the best time to familiarize you, my adoring readership, with the place I have inhabited for the last seven months but this is what we have to work with, people. The last seven months have basically been so cram packed with crap I did not want to do that even the minute escape from reality that is blogging seemed to be an extra burden on my psyche. At least I got to do it in a cute little cabin situated on Pico and Cloverfield.

With just enough space between the bush and the walkway for this beast, my trusty steed, and my beach basket.


In the last seven months, I took a winter intensive and the Spring semester for a total of 19 units, took and passed the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam, graduated from law school, rolled right on into Bar prep, and then the three day fiasco of the Bar itself. I finished one week ago today and am still having to remind myself to breathe and let my shoulders recoil from their semi-permanent position right next to my ears. When these nine days are finished, I move to the Rancho. Here's a shot from the hill above overlooking the glory that is Papa's collection.


And, the view from my soon-to-be front porch. No beach cruiser to be seen, but plenty of room for my ideal garden.


If you want to come visit and shoot guns, come move junk, pet horses that are more like big dogs, or ride around on a tractor, let me know. Me? I'll just be waiting the next for months for my Bar results to come and trying to drop the trailer.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

yay, you're done! and back to bloggin'- i've been missing my little amy updates.

can't wait for your visit soon!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Congrats on being done!!!! I hope that you will update us with stories from Papa!

Anonymous said...

Um, I want to come shoot guns and pet horses. Really. How long will you be there?

Gratz on your next steps toward the lightspeed future.

alisha said...

Ooh...loved your Pico pad! Great bookshelf action. Good luck with your move and relearning how to relax. Hope to be out to the Ranch sooner rather than later, but would prefer NOT to shoot guns if possible. Maybe just shoot the breeze?

amandajenn said...

So, umm, yea. I can't believe we haven't talked or seen each other for three weeks! I feel like a piece of me is missing. I definitely want to come visit and I think Orion would like to come too. He's super friendly with other dogs so I'm sure he and Strider will become fast friends. I promise to call sometime in the near future so that we can set a date to play on the ranch. Love you!

Matt and Kristy said...

Hey i need your email!!!! Email me as soon as you get a chance! Kristymart@aol.com